Independent Insurance Agent and Risk Manager.
Call: (610) 867-6869
1250 Simon Blvd, K-101, Easton, PA    |   114 N. Main St., Doylestown, PA


RMG Insurance Golf and Gourmet
Event Details

RMG ladies golf outing 2015 
View 2015 event photos
 Visit our  'Think Community!'
Events Archive
 (click here)

Independent Insurant Agent

RMG Insurance Blog

Safety and Loss Prevention Tips for Flooding

Ron Martin - Thursday, March 10, 2011

With more heavy rain headed this way, here are some tips for dealing with flooding..

Flood Safety Item 1: Keep a battery-operated radio in your home so you can listen to any flood alert broadcasts. Be sure to keep plenty of batteries on-hand.

Flood Safety Item 2: Have a battery-backup sump pump installed and check it regularly for proper operation.

Flood Safety Item 3: Keep bottled water in your home. Public water sources and wells often become contaminated during a flood and clean drinking water can become scarce.

Flood Safety Item 4: Keep a supply of canned food in your home. During a flood, you and your family may not be able to leave your house for several days. Plan ahead by having plenty of non-perishable food on-hand.

Flood Safety Item 5: Keep several flashlights with extra batteries in your home in case your power goes out.


 If you have property in your basement, consider raising off the floor or, if possible, take it to a higher floor.  Remember, your Homeowners Policy DOES NOT cover Flood.  You can puuchase coverage for overflow of a Sump Pump.  Call us to review this important coverage!

  read more

Loss Control Tips for Rental Property Owners

Ron Martin - Thursday, March 10, 2011

If you manage your own rental properties, take steps to avoid the most common causes of loss related to tenant behavior.  read more

Do I Need Insurance to Rent a Car?

Ron Martin - Tuesday, February 08, 2011

When renting a car, you need insurance. If you have adequate insurance on your own car, including collision and comprehensive, this may be enough, but ask about hidden costs. Prior to renting a car, you should contact your insurance agent to verify how much  read more

Non-Profit Special Events

Ron Martin - Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Most, if not all, non-profit organizations hold special events to help fundraise to continue their mission.  These events, especially if they are held off-premises, require liabilty coverage for the organization.  The unendorsed General Liability will not offer coverage to these events.  Generally, this means that the organization must purchase a Special Event policy, which will provide liability protection to the organization for lawsuits arising from property damage and/or bodily injury during the event.  The policies are separate from the General Liability policy and offer coverage limits specific for the event.  The cost depends on the type of event, the number of participants and if alcohol is being served.

However, insurance carriers that specialize in non-profit organizations will include this coverage for a specified number of events, usually with a limit of participants (e.g.  2-3 special events per year, with less than 1000 attendees each).  These companies will ask if you plan to hold events duting the underwriting process. They then can add the premium(if any) to their proposals, thus eliminating the uncertainty and hassle of finding coverage and the additional cost that a special event policy will produce.

When looking for insurance coverage for your non-profit organization, make sure your company includes special event coverage. if not, please give us a call, we can help.  read more

Abuse & Molestation

Ron Martin - Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Recently, I had a business owner inquire on supplemental Abuse and Molestation insurance for a massage / spa company. They currently had General Liability insurance however they were looking to supplement.


  read more

The New Economy means New Ways of Thinking by Non-Profit Organizations

Ron Martin - Friday, January 14, 2011

  read more


Recent Posts



Licensed to provide insurance in:    PA     NJ     NY    MD    DE     NC    TN     VA     WV